THE ANDY WASSERMAN SCHOOL OF MUSIC
STUDY ONE-ON-ONE WITH RESPECTED AND ACCOMPLISHED PROFESSIONAL
MUSICAL ARTIST ANDY WASSERMAN
40 YEARS TEACHING EXPERIENCE; teaching online since 2010
to students worldwide!
Interactive and personalized instruction on the internet, customized for you!
PRIVATE MUSIC LESSONS IN REAL-TIME VIA VIDEO CHAT
Expert online lessons for children, teens, adults, professional musicians and music educators
All styles for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
To read reviews and testimonials from students past and present: CLICK THIS LINK
Experienced and dedicated music artist and educator Andy Wasserman opens his teaching studio to the whole world 24/7 through a high-speed internet in his recording studio for personalized, one-on-one webcam private lessons via real-time streaming video, audio and file sharing
This online distance learning can be accessed using your choice of the free call service platforms Skype or Zoom video conferencing for face-to-face webcam streaming. Your lessons can be recorded during the call and archived, stored on your device for future reference. Or if you prefer, we can communicate via phone calls and email too.
Wasserman's studio configures an Ethernet-wired connection, two Hi-Def webcams (switching views between face and piano keys) a studio condenser microphone and Pro-Audio USB interface for smooth, superb sound and picture.
Andy has a number of services available for all students to supplement the video chat for an enhanced learning experience: record and archive each video lesson, a whiteboard web program, document upload and text-chat functions for charts and sheet music; music notation software file sharing, and cloud storage for custom video and audio practice files he produces individually for each student.
Highly interactive, customized and personalized programs of study in piano, music theory, composition, arranging, improvisation, percussion and rhythmic training, and George Russell's Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization. Specializing in Jazz, Classical and Pop styles and the connections between them, including Jazz improvisation, Song Writing and Classical Repertoire interpretation.
Andy Wasserman's Music Curriculum:
GEORGE RUSSELL'S LYDIAN CHROMATIC CONCEPT OF TONAL ORGANIZATION
The art and science of tonal gravity
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC LESSONS
PIANO - beginner, intermediate and advanced levels; all styles: Jazz, Classical, Pop, Standards and Showtunes, etc.
DRUMS AND PERCUSSION - beginner and intermediate levels; drum set: all styles; West African and Afro-Cuban percussion
ELECTRIC BASS - beginner level; all styles: Rock, Pop, Jazz, Funk, Hip-Hop, etc.
DIGITAL MUSIC TECHNOLOGY - Music Software, Keyboard and Synth Programming, Electronic Drums, Looping, MIDI, Recording, Mac/Windows
MUSIC AS THERAPY- instrumental lessons for Special Needs individuals of any age or level
INSTRUCTION IN RELATED MUSIC STUDY
MUSIC THEORY - foundations of theory for arranging, improvising and composing; create your arrangements in any style or genre
COMPOSITION and ARRANGING - beginner, and intermediate through advanced levels
IMPROVISATION- beginner, and intermediate through advanced levels on any instrument
RHYTHMIC TRAINING - for all instrumentalists and vocalists
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION:
"Why take weekly one-on-one music lessons with an experienced, qualified, life-long professional musician and devoted, dedicated music educator when you can simply watch YouTube videos and try teaching yourself?"
The most straight-forward and truthful answer is this:
Music is a deep and worthy subject to pursue.
A deep subject must be studied deeply.
A worthy subject must be studied in a worthy manner.
To pursue the study of music in an enjoyable, fulfilling, creative, connected and authentic way, a person must be guided correctly.
ADVANTAGES OF TAKING ONLINE MUSIC LESSONS
- Quality of the teacher: Most educators agree it is better to have Skype lessons with an excellent teacher than it is to have in-person lessons with a less qualified teacher.
- Searching for the best match to suit your needs: Seeking a new teacher using Skype broadens the search possibilities since choices are not restricted to one's local geographical area.
- Connecting with the right teacher: Skype gives students the opportunity to find the best teacher whose expertise can help them attain their goals.
- Added benefit of Recording the Lessons: While students always have the option to record their in-person lessons, it rarely happens. But students can easily record Skype lessons for review at a later time with digital recorders or free apps that plug into Skype during a video call.
- Immediate Practicing: Long-distance students can practice immediately after the lesson when ideas are fresh and when energy levels are still high.
- Warming Up: Students can warm up on their instrument and review their assignment right before their lesson, and have the advantage of playing their own instrument during the Skype lesson.
- Increased student performance: Research studies have found that people tend to be very focused when interacting via webcam with minimal off-task distracting behavior during the lesson.
Visit Andy Wasserman's listing on the international MUSIC TEACHERS DIRECTORY website.
Click TRACK button to get current and upcoming live stream concert updates for Andy Wasserman music events at Bands-In-Town
A recent testimony from an adult study who takes weekly real-time online private lessons: Andy: I want to thank you for the time we’ve spent together at the piano during our weekly online Skype video chat calls. I’ve enjoyed listening to the audio I record to document our weekly lessons while driving my car each day. You’re really a gifted teacher and although I’m one of your new students, you have already given me a sense of calm, confidence and excitement when playing the piano and/or composing. I’m very thankful to have been exposed to both you and George Russell’s “Lydian Chromatic Concept of Tonal Organization.”
CONTACT ANDY WASSERMAN : CLICK THIS GOLD AW LOGO